Sunday, September 17, 2006

Banana Leaf Rolls | Chickpet Series


Shot during a weekend shootout with Bangalore Weekend Shoots group . I really enjoyed the shoot out . 14 of us with cameras roaming on the streets of K.R.Market early morning at 7:30 ,attracted lot of attention. People thought we were from Press /Movie etc,etc .
There were so many subjects to shoot . Life at K.R.Market was really colorful . Flower Vendors ,Vegetable vendors ,Newspaper man , People opening their shops , Temple priest , Kids going to school ..what not ..
Next few weeks photos from my side will a series of photos from the shootout .. A look at Bangalore's market life and some common people ...
I hope you will like the series ..

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been to Bangalore only once for a day so dont have my bearings on the city but can totally relate to the marketplace that is typical of most metros in India. This reminds me of my visits to the daily markets of Kolkata when I was living there, brings back a lot of memories :-)

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

14 of you guys! No wonder you got those looks ;-) Looking foward to the series.

9:50 AM  
Blogger micki said...

Sounds like so much fun, and I am looking forward to the series!

What would we use these banana leaf rolls for?

5:34 PM  
Blogger Ash said...

Great shot!

Looking forward to the Bangalore series :-)

7:05 PM  
Blogger aydiv said...

Thanks all for the comments.
Micki : The Banana leafs are used for many things in India ,for eating ,for making some dishes,in temples etc,etc.
Instead of disposable plates we use Banan leafs :)

10:11 PM  
Blogger Maaya said...

Wow...seems like you had lots of fun...Eagerly waiting for the series.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home